Appliances Connection or appliancesconnection.com Complaint
Concealed Damage Claim Could be Costly
We ordered a double oven from Appliancesconnection.com, noting their rating was almost five stars. Two days after placing our order, a “shipping confirmation” arrived by email with a whole bunch of small print, which we ignored since we never agreed to it. When it finally arrived, over three weeks later, the driver delivered the crate to our garage, all 150 – 200 pounds of it. We inspected it carefully from the outside, saw no damage, so we signed the delivery receipt which had language that said “we had inspected everything” – and so we had – from the outside. When we finally unpacked the oven, we were astonished to find that it had been severely damaged. Later we learned from a freight inspector who we hired that it was probably dropped, possibly from a dock or forklift, and the whole frame was bent. It was a total loss, except for possible salvage.
We contacted Applliancesconnection.com immediately who informed us the trucking company, Exel, refused our claim because we signed the delivery receipt. We sent Aappliancesconnnection.com the inspector’s report and eventually they agreed to give us a “full refund” and sent us an RMA (Return Merchandise Agreement). Under their RMA, all we had to do was re-package the oven to their specs and ship it back at our expense which, of course, exceeded the price of the item! Or we could pay them another $250 to take the item back and agree to their terms. We investigated whether to file a lawsuit and found out that appliancesconnection.com is an anonymous, protected, domain name and we needed a corporate or business identity in order to bring a suit. We then tried our credit card company and filed a “post dispute”. And, after two months, that’s where it sits.
Our advice is that the few dollars you might save by dealing with these guys isn’t worth the grief if something goes wrong – deal with a reputable, local, dealer and save yourself a lot of potential grief.
CONTACT THIS BUSINESS
BUSINESSES REPLY HERE
More Appliances Connection or appliancesconnection.com reviews
- Lies and more lies
- Damaged Dishwasher
- Whirlpool washer & dryer
- They sell defective products and threaten their customers
- Appliances Connection Return of Broken Item- Requiring Me to Pay Shipping
- Poor Delivery Service & Damaged Merchandise
- Excellent Service
- Highly Recommanded
- Excellent Company, Great Experiance
- Very professional to work with Appliances Connection!!!
- . I would buy from Appliance Connection again!
- Best Prices & Free deliver on #1 rated appliances!
- We highly recommend them, and will certainly buy from them again.
- U-Haul damage claim denial
- damaged freight
- damage claim
- Claim expenses not being covered by Hanover
- Damage Claim
- damage freight
- Damage Claim
- Bad Customer Service
- Property damage by ATT/uverse
- Gateway Repair UPS Insurance
- SAVE YOUR MONEY - HORRIBLE HORRIBLE COMPANY
- damage driveway
- Cheap premiums, but pray you never have a claim.
- Leaky PODS Causes Mildew Damage
- Homesite Insurance Group dishonest employees aid in scams
- missing items from baggage
How It Works
COMPLAINTS RESOLVEDThousands of Businesses of all sizes and millions of customers use MeasuredUp
It's free and easy to put MeasuredUp to work for you